Monday, February 2, 2009

Man it takes me a minute, huh?




Well, its been almost a year since I've bothered with this thing. Part of it is, I've been busy. Part of it is, I've been stressed out with work and periods lack-there-of. Mostly, it's the fact that I'm terrible at following through with things like this. Probably for fear of failure that it won't turn out how I intend. But, whatever. The story is still very relevant in my mind and actually has become a little broader in scope than it originally was intended--meaning the message may apply to a general view as well as the specific view in my head.

Anyway, onward I go into this "production". Since last posting, I've done some more design sketches as well as begun thumbing out the board. The plan now is to get an animatic locked and chat with a longtime musician friend to start thinking about music and themes. That will play a huge role in how this comes across in the end as this film will not have a large amount of dialogue. At this point there is none but there may be some required for clarity's sake; we'll see. Once the animatic is tight, I will start the challenging task of getting it animated. Grant writing will occur and friends in the biz will be approached to see if there is any interest in helping. First things first.

So here are some tidbits. More to come...for real this time.

No comments: