Friday, February 6, 2009

Confusing myself.


So this was supposed to be my final design/turnaround for the KING. Obviously, didn't quite pan out. Stylistically, I'm just lost at the moment. I draw something I like aesthetically, then think "animating THIS guy will be impossible". It's like I stop myself from even getting started. Foolish. Anyway. It's good to just draw. So I started doing that and not thinking so much. I do respond to the last thing I drew here--the guy with no crown and clearly different construction overall. Maybe I'll move in this sort of direction to see what happens. Maybe I should stop forcing it.

I can't help thinking I'm going to end up with the very first KING design I came to. The triangular shaped, thick jawed wonder posted further back. There was a specific inspiration for him which makes me think maybe that's the one.

No comments: