Sunday, December 2, 2007

Moving forward.....still.


So over the past couple of days, I've started putting some things on paper; words and drawings mostly. Originally I thought I'd be posting some writings here but something keeps urging me to be at least a little bit secretive about the storyline specifics; at least until the animatic is in good enough shape to put here. I figure this way I'll get a better indication of whether the story is working the way I intend.......or not. So I'll generalize.

The story essentially is about a monarch whose constant bullying is an ultimate means to his demise.....or maybe to his realization that he should be more thoughtful of morals. I put it this way because I'm not sure yet whether I want this character to learn and thus change himself for the better, or just sit in a pile of his own destruction. The latter was originally what felt right, but I've discovered I'm much more interested in movies/stories when they involve a switch within a character's way of being. Anyway, this "king" establishes a relationship with a subculture of eager workers who agree to create something for him...an idol of sorts. The workers eventually dwindle away due to the king's peculiarities and disregard for their well being. He is left with nothing.

That's a very vague nutshell but enough to make sense of the drawings I post. The attached are some concept drawings I've done for the "subculture" characters. I guess I'm seeing them as troll-like but more appealing. I'm not happy with these but this is supposed to be a documentation so I'm going to abstain from only posting the "good" stuff. Kind of defeats the purpose. However, the simpler drawing here (color) is one I added last minute and of course, it's the closest one to the image in my mind. So it's not all bad.




1 comment:

David Rodriguez said...

Sounds interesting Mike. I'm looking forward to how this story unfolds.